Sunday, January 13, 2008

The hate scarf



I finally finished Patrick's skull scarf. Patrick would hear my plans for new baby blankets, "touch and feel" books, and quilts. He would look at me and ask "You will start those after finishing my scarf right?"

I would look at him with disbelief in my eyes and think, "seriously? You are going to pressure me to finish your stupid scarf? It's only been a couple of years since I started. geeezlouise."

So, I'd pick it up with exaggerated, loud sighing, and I would start working. It has since been dubbed the hate scarf. I call it that with love b/c I really like the result. It is a cute little scarf, and Patrick seems to like it too.

6 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

What is a touch and feel book? I think I want one!

YogaNerd said...

It's one of those books for toddlers to play with an learn how to tie shoe laces, snap things closed, match shapes, and dig through mommy's purse. It is super cute.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the scarf. sooo cool. Patrick must be the only person with such a scarf!! well worth waiting for. glad to see a pic of it.

Anonymous said...

on closer inspection: is that comedy/tragedy faces on the skulls? too clever. :-)

YogaNerd said...

I'm glad you like it. I was pleased with the little skulls. I think the comedy/tragedy faces you see are an illusion from how the scarf is lying on the chair. The skulls are identical. But, that would've been a clever idea.

Blind Dog Megan said...

YEs, you did spend a long time on that scarf!!!